Dash of Modern Policies
The following policies were designed for the sole purpose of achieving our goal of total client commitment and satisfaction. Whether the issue you are experiencing is covered below or not, please Contact Us so that we can develop a solution.
Cancellation/Correction Policy For Dash of Modern Orders
- Customer may cancel any part or all of an order at any time up to 48 hours prior to DASH OF MODERN's shipping date with no cancellation fee. Customer should email DASH OF MODERN at firstname.lastname@example.org with the customer order number and the word "Cancellation" in the subject line. DASH OF MODERN will respond to confirm the customer’s cancellation, and payment will be refunded in the same manner in which it was received within 7 days.
- If customer cancels an order after the 48 hour cancellation window, a late cancellation fee of 15% of the shipping total will be charged. The remainder of the purchase total will be refunded in the same payment manner in which it was received within 7 days.
- If customer chooses to cancel an order after it has been shipped, the shipping fee, which is nonrefundable once an order has shipped, will be forfeited. In addition, a restocking fee will be assessed at 10% times the cost of the products ordered. The remaining balance will be refunded in the same payment manner in which it was received within 7 days.
- In the event a customer needs to make a correction or adjustment to an order, DASH OF MODERN must be notified at email@example.com within 48 hours of the shipping date in which the order is scheduled to be procured. If DASH OF MODERN does not receive the change request before the order ships, the customer will be held liable for all applicable shipping and restocking fees for all items shipped.
Replacement Policy for Damaged/Defective IKEA Products
In the event any product received from DASH OF MODERN Furniture Supply is damaged or found to have latent manufacturing defects, it may be returned for replacement to DASH OF MODERN Furniture Supply within 45 days of the date of shipment/purchase at additional cost.
After 45 days a flat rate replacement charge of $15 will be assessed per occurrence on all replacements to cover administrative costs. The part needing replacement must be returned to the DASH OF MODERN location before the cutoff of the following shipping date.
Dash of Modern strives to ensure that our customers recieve thier orders with no damage to the product or packaging. On occasion, packaging may be disturbed, ripped or torn. To minimize this occurance, Dash of Modern inspects all items a minimum of three times before you take reciept. These inspections occur at the following intervals:
- Prior to placing items in our shopping carts at Ikea
- On loading items on the Dash of Modern transportation system
- On delivery prior to final reciept signature
If items have packaging disturbed, a Dash of Modern employee will note the issue and inspect the area. Once inspected, we will initial the location. At times, packaging may need to be completely opened to ensure that there is no internal product damaged. Once a customer has signed in reciept of items being recieved in good order, Dash of Modern is not responsible for damages found.
CONCERNING DAMAGED ITEMS THAT WERE PICKED UP BY A CUSTOMER FROM OUR STORE:
IT IS THE CUSTOMER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO RETURN ANY DAMAGED PARTS TO DASH OF MODERN FURNITURE SUPPLY AT 3-883 McCurdy Place Kelowna BC WITHIN THE 45 DAY PERIOD. THE 45 DAY PERIOD COMMENCES EITHER ON THE DATE OF PURCHASE, OR DATE AN ORDER IS EITHER PICKED UP FROM OUR LOCATION OR DELIVERED TO THE CUSTOMER. This policy does not include kitchen deliveries. This policy does not apply to items sold "as is".
CONCERNING DAMAGED ITEMS THAT WERE DELIVERED TO A CUSTOMER FROM OUR STORE:
IF A PRODUCT DELIVERED BY DASH OF MODERN FURNITURE SUPPLY WERE FOUND TO BE DAMAGED BY DASH OF MODERN DURING TRANSPORTATION OR DELIVERY, DASH OF MODERN FURNITURE SUPPLY WILL PICKUP AND DELIVER REPLACEMENT PARTS AT NO ADDITIONAL COST ON THE FIRST OCCURANCE. FOR ANY SUBSEQUENT OCCURENCES, CUSTOMER WILL BE HELD LIABLE FOR THE DASH OF MODERN GENERAL HOME DELIVERY RATE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL REPLACEMENT PARTS. PLEASE NOTE: If only one or a few pieces within a package are damaged, customer should only return the pieces that need replacement, not the entire product. This policy does not include kitchen deliveries or "as is" items.
Policy for Missing IKEA Parts
In the event any product received from DASH OF MODERN Furniture Supply is missing a part; customer should call DASH OF MODERN at 1-866-951-DASH (3274) within 45 days of receipt of the furniture. DASH OF MODERN will facilitate the replacement in a timely manner. ANY MISSING PART REQUESTS MADE AFTER THE 45 DAY PERIOD MAY BE SUBJECT TO AN ADMINISTRATIVE FEE OF $15 PER OCCURRENCE.
Return Policy for IKEA Products
RETURN OF IKEA PRODUCTS PURCHASED AND SHIPPED BY DASH OF MODERN:
If for any reason a customer is unsatisfied with a purchase, it may be returned using a valid receipt/invoice from DASH OF MODERN Furniture Supply within 45 days. Refunds will be handled according to the following policies:
If returning products that were shipped per a specific order placed via DashofModern.ca, DASH OF MODERN will refund the IKEA product cost including tax, minus a 20% restocking fee. SHIPPING FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE ONCE AN ORDER HAS SHIPPED. This policy does not apply to kitchen items.
RETURN OF IKEA PRODUCTS NOT PURCHASED BY DASH OF MODERN:
If a customer has purchased IKEA products directly from IKEA and wishes to return them through DASH OF MODERN Furniture Supply the following policies apply:
1. Customer must supply a valid IKEA receipt or a copy of the receipt to DASH OF MODERN Furniture Supply before any products will be returned.
2. Once IKEA receipt is verified by a DASH OF MODERN Furniture Supply employee, customer will be charged a 25% product return fee of the total cost of the product(s) being returned.
3. Customer must deliver products to the DASH OF MODERN Furniture Supply store or call to schedule a home delivery pickup of the products (a home delivery pickup fee will apply).
4. Customer may use the refund balance minus the product return fee towards a current or future purchase with DASH OF MODERN Furniture Supply. The refund balance will be refunded as a store credit, gift certificate or gift card to be used with DASH OF MODERN Furniture Supply.
ALL REFUNDS FOR RETURNS MADE ON IKEA PRODUCTS NOT ORIGINALLY PURCHASED THROUGH DASH OF MODERN FURNITURE SUPPLY WILL BE REFUNDED AS STORE CREDIT TO BE USED AT DASH OF MODERN FURNITURE SUPPLY – NO EXCEPTIONS.
Out-Of-Stock Policy for IKEA Products
- Customer may choose to have DASH OF MODERN Furniture Supply attempt to procure the out-of-stock merchandise on subsequent trips to IKEA. If the backordered merchandise continues to be unavailable from IKEA after 30 days from the date of the first attempted pickup, DASH OF MODERN Furniture Supply will automatically issue a refund including the cost of the product, applicable shipping fee and tax in the same manner of payment received within 7 days.
- Customer may choose to cancel the out-of-stock portion of an order, in which DASH OF MODERN Furniture Supply will issue a refund including the cost of the product, applicable shipping fee and tax in the same manner of payment received within 7 days. Credit Card or transfer fees incured by the customer or Dash of Modern are not refundable.
Home or Business Delivery Policy
If a customer requests home delivery and any part of an order is out-of-stock, all shipped merchandise will be held at the DASH OF MODERN store until the backordered merchandise has been shipped. A customer may request DASH OF MODERN to deliver a partial order before the remaining backordered items have been shipped, however a re-delivery fee equal to half the original home delivery fee will be assessed for an additional delivery of backordered products. If customer chooses a partial delivery and desires to pick up the backordered merchandise from the DASH OF MODERN store, this may be done at no extra charge. Customers may cancel a scheduled home delivery within 24 hours of the scheduled delivery appointment time at no charge. Any cancellations after the 24 hour period will be assessed a $20 cancellation fee. Any scheduled delivery that is unable to be made due to the unavailability of the customer at the scheduled time will result in a redelivery fee equal to the original delivery fee.
Furniture Storage Policy
All orders shipped to the DASH OF MODERN location to be picked up by the customer must be picked up within 2 weeks from the date of the entire order’s arrival in our location. Any furniture not picked up within the 2-week period will accrue a daily storage fee of $5 and a maximum weekly storage fee of $30 which must be paid in full prior to the release of the furniture. Any orders that are not picked up within 90 days from the date of arrival in location will be liquidated to cover storage expenses.
If a customer has storage needs and would like their IKEA order to be held at the DASH OF MODERN location beyond the 2-week grace period please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements
Payment transfer policy
All fees incured from Paypal or other money transfer services are non-refundable.
Kitchen Delivery Policy
Dash of Modern offers a service of a single fee to have a single kitchen design delivered to a single location. This fee includes the following services:
- Working with and Ikea Kitchen Representative to finalize the ordering process. ( One hour maximum, all additional time is $85.00 per hour)
- Ordering the kitchen items as per Ikea Kitchen Planner product list supplied by the customer or design done by Dash of Modern.
- Inspection and loading of the kitchen.
- Delivery of Kitchen to a build location. Delivery will include unloading of items to the garage or nearest inside open space located to the nearest entrance at build location.
This policy does not include the following"
- Multiple deliveries due to out of stock items. Additional pick ups and deliveries are subject to additional delivery fee's.
- Accesories not included in the Ikea Kitchen planner product list
- Other Ikea items not related to Kitchens such as glass ware, utensils, drawer inserts ect.
- Pick ups from multiple Ikea locations. ($75.00)
Return and Exchanges of Kitchen Items (Damaged and Non-Damaged)
All returns of products listed in the Ikea Kitchen planner product list are subject to a fee of 20% of origianal item cost (non-sale price). All returns must be accompanied by an original Ikea reciept. No exceptions.
All exchanges of products listed in the Ikea Kitchen planner product list are subject to a fee $25.00 plus 20% of origianal item cost (non-sale price) and normal shipping rates for delivery. All exchanges must be accompanied by an original Ikea reciept. No exceptions.
Dash of Modern is not responsible for items damaged or found damaged after the final inspection and signature of reciept.